Okay, so this is more of an introduction than an update… but Alice has just turned five months old and i can’t believe how fast she is growing up!
Clifton suspension bridge after a 22km walk to raise money for a poorly little baby from our birth group.
Alice is currently:
- 17lb 13oz and has moved up to the 91st centile (everyone loves a chubby baby though, right?)
- Blowing awesome raspberries. Yes her face, and indeed my face is now permanently covered in spit. But its just so darn cute!
- Cutting her first tooth! This is BIG news! this morning her first tooth has just emerged above her gum line and she is coping really well. We are using Anbesol liquid and some Nurofen liquid for children to ease the pain for her.
- Sitting by herself. Well, just and only for a little while (until something catches her interest and she moves her head and falls over!)
- Sleeping through! Now i appreciate i am very lucky to have a little one that sleeps through, but I’m super proud of her for keeping up the good work despite her teething!
- Loving her feet! She loves to spend time led on her back grabbing hold of her feet and aiming them for her mouth!
- Drinking mammoth amounts of milk (9oz every 3 hours!) and yet still not really interested in food. When the time is right we are going to give baby led weaning a try.
- Had her first go on a swing and loved it! We are really lucky to have lots to do around where we live and have a park just minutes from our house that I am sure we will be visiting more often come the summer!
It’s so hard not to compare your little one to other babies the same age, but the truth is all babies develop at different speeds and they all get there in the end. Try not to worry!
I hope your little ones are doing just great!